Viveport bugged and I can't access my games

Professor-Badger

The bug is that I don't have a setup_vivepcclient.msi

Yes I did run it as administration, yes I reinstalled it fresh deleting all files, yes I downloaded it from viveports official site. Spending hours on your weekend just to fix a installer is not a fun time so i'm going to go get some chocolate milk to cool down (was pretty good) while I hope for a quick response.

If you have any information of how to fix this I would be very thankful if you could send in some help.

Hi  (and anyone else currently reading this) - we're currently working hard to investigate this bug. In order to figure out what's wrong, our engineers need the logs generated by the installer. Since the installation was not successful, we can't use our error reporting system and the logs need to be sent over manually. They're normally found in %install_folder%\VIVE\Updater\Log and %install_folder%\VIVE\Log -

When using a default installation pathway, this is typically  “C:\Program Files (x86)\VIVE\Updater\Log” and “C:\Program Files (x86)\VIVE\Log”.

If you're able to share those logs with us, we'll be able to understand the root of the issue. Feel free to PM if you need help finding and sending these logs, a good place to easily host them is www.pastebin.com 

-David R

Archived