General newbie questions

Dortene

Hi, I am new to VR gaming and I want to get the VIVE PRO with all the acceorices needed to enjoy the full experince, some of the questions might seem stupid to you but it is very important for me.

-I was wondering how many base stations do I need? 2,4 or more?

-How many controllers and VIVE Trackers should I buy?

- Can anyone link me the wirless adpater for the VIVE PRO on this website? I couldn't find it under the accesories tap.

- Any other recommendations would be highly appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

Hi ,

There are now two varients of SteamVR tracking. SteamVR 1.0 supports two basestations at a time whereas SteamVR 2.0 is an updated version for tracking larger spaces and commercial usage. Currently only SteamVR 1.0 is available, we'll have announcements very soon about the Pro full kit with SteamVR 2.0 basestations/controllers. If you're interested in large play areas, you may wish to wait until we announce the Vive Pro full kit to make your decision. You only need two controllers. The number of trackers you'd need depends on which software you'll be running. Most support between 1-5 but they aren't required. Two or three will cover most use cases. 

If you're interested in using the Pro with SteamVR 1.0 gear, there is an accessories package that shows in  "recommended products" if you add a Vive Pro to your shopping cart. 

Our wireless adapter is targeted for Q3 and will work with both the Vive and the Vive Pro. 

• 2 weeks later...

I purchased the vive pro and received it a week ago.  I did know that it didn't include any accessores etc. but i didn't realize that it requires at least one base station for it to work?  all i get is a red or gray screen.  

Or am i doing something wrong?

Eddie

Archived