Headset Not Connected Properly (208)

Chrome_waltz

I am recieving the "Headset not connected properly" (208) error, but  my PC registers both the HMDI and USB being plugged in. The headset also turns on and displays a secondary screen, but it just mimics my deskstop. (Note:  none of the icons or toolbar so it is indeed a seperate display) I have tried both connecting the USB into different ports as well as directly connecting the 3-in-1 cable differctly to the computer bypassing the link box. I have even tried using the short HDMI and USB cables to see if it was a 3-in-1 cable issue, but it is the same error. I plugged a separate screen into my HDMI port to make sure it worked as well. All the ports on my computer are functioning properly so I don't know what else could be the problem. I have unistalled and reinstalled SteamVR/Steam multiple times and all of my drivers are up-to-date. I've tried multiple other solutions, but no change. It has worked a couple times before, but then this problem arised and I haven't been able to get it to work ever since. I was really stoked about using the HTC Vive. I'm just really stumped on this.

, The issue described sounds like it may be related to the headset not entering "direct mode" - are you seeing any errors that reffer to this by name? Is this a laptop or a desktop? Sometimes you can force the PC to enter the proper mode by booting the PC with the HMD plugged in and any secondary monitors unplugged. 

One helpful troubleshooting step is to bypass the HDMI and USB connections on the linkbox and instead plug the 3-in-1's USB and HDMI leads directly into the PC (you must have the power connected via the 3-in-1. This can solve some issues with certain hardware communicating with the HMD. 

Archived