[Unity] Post processing stack v2 with Vive Focus

fueldown

Hi,

I am trying to use the post processing stack v2 in Unity for HTC Vive Focus. When I add the Post Process Layer component on the cameras and build, I am getting a blown up sort of fish eye lensing effect as shown below :

Both screenshots are taken from default camera positions. Please advise on how I can tackle this issue.

• 3 weeks later...

The single pass stereo rendering option in Unity is under XR settings. Wave SDK mentions that we should disable the VR Supported checkbox. Can you let me know how it is possible to use Single pass rendering with Wave SDK? I am having a lot of performance issues with multi-pass rendering.

Single pass stereo rendering require native support on Unity, that's why Wave VR request to disable on checkbox. Currently Wave VR doesn't have Unity native support. But we'd like to share our performance optimization experiences for developer. 

Could you like to share what's the performance gating on your side?

Thanks. 

At this moment, we are focusing on getting the antialiasing and the colour grading (PP Stack 2 gets me the results I shared at the start of this thread) working with Vive Focus. We work on ArchViz projects using photogrammatery / full 3D / hybrid assets. You mentioned I should use a single pass PP. Do you have any example scripts that I can look at, to achieve AA and color grading on VIVE Focus? I will let you know our performance in terms of frame rate without and with PP stack.

Sorry to making you confusion. I don't suggest to use single pass PP since Wave SDK can't support single pass rendering currently.

After checking internally, currently we take a trial to change MSAA value (0, x2,x4 ) from "Quality Setting" cross different apps and not use PP due to most effects work slowly on Mobile platform.

These are some comments we can provide from our develope experiences.

Maybe someone inside this forum have better alternative way to improve.

Archived