Compatibility with Vive Pro

rhythmauthor

• Is this set up compatible with the vive pro?  I am trying to decide whether to purchase this computer specifically for the Vive Pro.  Thanks.
  • Powered by the Intel Core i7-7700HQ 2.8GHz Quad-Core processor for responsive multitasking performance and energy efficiency in whatever you choose to do
  • 15.6" Full-HD LED-backlit Anti-Glare IPS display with 1920 x 1080 resolution showcases movies and games in stunning clarity
  • 8GB DDR4 memory - For multitasking power
  • 1TB SATA hard drive has plenty of space to store your digital albums, music library and rich media files
  • USB 3.0 for quicker device charging and up to 10x faster transfers than USB 2.0
  • Enhanced viewing with the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 graphics with 4GB GDDR5 of dedicated video memory
  • Connect to a broadband modem or router with wired Ethernet, or wirelessly connect to a Wi-Fi signal or hotspot with the built-in 802.11ac wireless connection
  • Easily link with other Bluetooth-enabled devices, such as a mobile phone or MP3s players
  • Windows 10 is so familiar and easy to use, you’ll feel like an expert. It starts up and resumes fast, has more built-in security to help keep you safe, and comes with great built-in apps like Maps, Photos, Mail & Calendar, Music, and Video

Hey ,

Since I read a lot on that matter, not sure about the rest of the specs, but GTX 1050 alone would not be good enough to get the most out of Vive pro. I mean technically it should run a lot of apps, but not at a level one would like considering he's buying top spec HMD on the market.  So officially recommended specs are :

• Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-4590 or AMD FX™ 8350, equivalent or better.
  • Graphics: NVDIA® GeForce® GTX1060 or AMD Radeon ™ RX480, equivalent or better. View the complete list >
  • Memory: 4 GB RAM or more
  • Video out: DisplayPort 1.2 or newer
  • USB ports: 1x USB 3.0 or newer port
  • Operating system: Windows® 8.1 or later, Windows® 10

but if you want the best out of it... I would suggest GTX 1070 at least. Now don't take my words for it,  and wait for the official answers you gonna get from the mods. I'm just trying to help. 

Archived