Vive PRO compatible extendend DisplayPort cable

Dun

Hi,

I’m looking for a replacement DisplayPort to Mini DisplayPort cable of 5 meters in length. The one I’ve tested so far does not work and seems to be too slow for the task(HD only). The faster cables only seem to come in the 1-2 m kind. Can you rekommend any suitable cable thats compatible with the Vive PRO?

, since the Pro is still fairly new, there isn't really a comprehensive list of which cables work and which don't yet. As a rule of thumb, medium to longer distance runs will require a active Displayport 1.2+ capable of displaying 4K. 

Here is a cable that's tested and confirmed to work with Pro - it doesn't meet your distance requirements but should give you a baseline for what works. 

• 1 month later...

Hi David,

Has there been official updates on this yet?

I have heard only a 1.4 Dp will work, is it true 1.2 will work as well with no issue? And a 5G male to male USB 3 cable would work too? I hear they will work up to 10 feet, any confirmation on this?

Any info is appreciated! My current Vive setup involves using 2 link boxes to extend, but looks like for this new link box with the pro that is not an option.

, we don't have any official updates about extensions. The system is designed for the Displayport 1.2 standard; DP 1.4 may provide better results in some cases but overall Displayport is a very loose standard which means that compatibility ends up being very much based on specific models.

How much length do you require? 

Thank you for the quick reply! I just need about 9.5-10 feet for my PC to reach my link box, I see so much back and forth online, some cables work for some but not others etc.

Is there some tested Dp to Mdp cable and a Usb cable you could recommend?

I plan to try out a few like the one you linked above, but the one you linked above is a mdp to mdp, I can only use mdp from the link box to dp on my PC. If you can help me avoid the upcoming troubleshooting of each cable I would greatly appreciate it!

I tried myself three different cables before getting it to work. The key thing is finding a cable that still delivers speed at 5 meters. The particular cable I got delivers speeds above 20gb/s. The rest of the cables I’ve tried looks in the description to be compatible but delivers at much lower speeds and enda up not working. Check link below for working cable of 5m.

https://www.inet.se/produkt/8903666/delock-displayport-1-2-mini-displayport-svart-5m

Archived