3 Problems...

R3volve

Hello, I recently recieved my Vive pro a few days ago, and I am currently having a few problems.

Problem 1)

The cameras do not function at all, and will cause a blue-screen windows crash if I attempt to use them in SteamVR Room view.

If I attempt to change the frequency of the camera refresh, I am prompted to restart SteamVR.

After the restart, the refresh rate is back to 60 hz.

When I attempt to do the SteamVR camera test, this is what it looks like.

As you can see, SteamVR thinks the cameras are good.

Problem 2)

Whenever I boot my PC my main monitor will stay black. For some reason I have to unplug the Vive Pro from my graphics card (but not the USB) for my PC to display to my monitor again.

Problem 3)

This is a reocurring issue I have had with the original Vive.

Every time I start SteamVR, the HMD will display nothing but grey. I have to right click the headset icon and "Reboot Headset" for it to function.

Bonus Problem 4)

I cannot redeem my code that came with the Vive Pro. Every box I enter it into says it's invalid, and the forum post talking about it all say they are 10 digit codes. Mine is 11 digits. Cannot find any reference to what I am suppose to do with my 11 digit code.

Any help you guys can offer would be greatly appreciated.

My specs are...

GTX 1080ti

i7 4930k

32 GB RAM

What is your motherboard? This is either an issue with your USB controller/chipset or your windows operating environment. This can also be caused by your BIOS' overclocking features with in many cases  Make sure you're on a USB port that's controlled by the processor and not some OEM controller. Per the code, are you redeeming on on vive.com/code? 

, Can you provide additional details on your setup? Again, this is likely a USB chipset / bandwidth issue.

I'm not at home right now, so I can't tell you what motherboard I have, however my camera did start functioning when I moved my USB to a 2.0 port. Which is odd, since I used a 3.0 port for the original vive.

Still no idea why my PC refuses to boot up with the vive pro connected. I think it might be trying to default to it as a primary display or something.

I am not doing any overclocking at the moment. I hit rock bottom on the silicon lottery. Mine will only overclock to 38, and even then it's unstable.

As for the code I managed to rummage through the garbage and find out it's not suppose to be entered into the viveport. It's suppose to go to vive.com/code, which I did, entered my old headset serial number and it accepted it, but nothing happened after that. I just gave up and uninstalled the vive port. I don't need that kind of crap in my life. Steam works just fine without making me bend over backwards.

Archived