Possible Faulty Vive Pro!!! :(

ncleme

Think I may have a Faulty Vive Pro, in steam VR the recommended % value in the video tab is 70% based on my setup and Im using a GTX1070 with I7 8700K @4.6GHz so i would expect a higher value!!!. I get 130% value with the original Vive!!

I set as advised global SS to 100% and 100% also in the application tab. (Open VR was supersampling on 1.0). When I am in steam VR home I am showing a Reprojection ratio of 20% and its rising!! also my dropped frames are rising also.. after the time its taken to write this its up at 70% and 324 dropped frames !!! What the hell is going on???? So I connected my old Vive up and I get no dropped frames and no reprojection!!!. Also after a while the tracking goes all haywire !!! any ideas as what to do... Should I return to Overclockers or HTC?

First, hold your horses. The 100% value also states that each eye is rendered at 2351x2612, this is the standard SS value and means that SS is already applied for most games (which are mostly optimized for performance). Remember, the hardware resolution of the Vive Pro is 1400 x 1600 per eye so that's about 40% of the standard setting. So more demanding games need to be set lower than 100% SS, depending on your hardware.

I agree with your comments. However why the rising dropped frames and reprojection when I’m only on steam vr home which shouldn’t be that taxing on the system?? Also I am using the recommended gtx1070 as stated by HTC.. surely this can’t be correct??

Maybe Good News :)

Looks as if I have fixed it. After a full removal of steam VR, uninstalled from within steam and deleted the relevant steam vr folders on the SSD, I also uninstalled OpenVR. Re installed Steam VR and hey presto all working fine. Must have been OpenVR clashing with the settings in steam or something. I am now getting very good frame rates in Xplane also. (Butter smooth!! to coin a phrase!)

I will test further and report back...

Archived