Error code 208

Arvi

Hi, I just got my VIVE 2 days okay and i keep getting error code 208.

I have tried a lot of solutions i could find but none of them work.

Currently reinstalling SteamVR, see if that helps

Also, i checked USB devices and the Hub Controller on the link box and and the Audio device on the Vive headset stay dark grey while the rest is white

Hi ,

Please go over the troubleshooting steps below:

Error 208 (HMD detected over USB, but monitor not found)

Error 208 is a generic HMD error message. This error can have a number of solutions, so please work from the list below to make sure you've attempted all available solutions:

• Make sure that your Vive’s link box and the monitor or TV you use as a primary display are plugged into the same graphics card. If you are connected to your onboard display adapter, you will see an Intel HD Graphics device listed in your SteamVR system report. Onboard cards, such as those connected to a PC’s motherboard, will not be powerful enough to use the Vive. Reconnect your Vive to your PC’s dedicated graphics card.
  • Check to make sure you are in Direct Mode by going to Settings > Developer > Direct Mode. Click the button that says “Enable Direct Mode.” SteamVR will restart with this setting.
  • If Direct Mode is not enabled, SteamVR will still work in Extended mode. For this to work correctly, make sure your displays are extended in Windows > Display Settings.
  • Make sure all cables are connected firmly. The power cord on the HMD itself can become loose from usage. To check this, remove the cable panel on top of the HMD by pushing it forward.
  • Make sure your Link Box is installed in the correct direction. The orange tipped cables from the Headset should be connected to the orange ports on the Link Box.
  • Check to make sure you have the latest video drivers.

Cory.C

hi, cory

thank you for your response.

i did every single one of those things and they did not work, What should i do?

Ps: Are video drivers and graphics driver the same thing?

Hi ,

Please try this below:

Go to Steam VR > Settings > Developer > Remove all SteamVR USB Devices > Unplug all HMD USB devices from PC > Restart PC > Temporary disable all anti-virus softwares > Plug all HMD USB devices back onto PC > Your system will automatically reinstall drivers.  

Let us know how that works.

Thank you

Cory.C

Archived