RIght Eye Lens/Screen not working - Vive Pro

oatmealjohnson

Hi,

I turned on my Vive Pro today both screens were flashing on then off. I did all the standard troubleshooting stuff, checked cables, rebooted, updated drivers, the whole thing.

When I brought the system back up, only the Left Eye came on. At this point I chatted with support, but We ran through a similar battery of test and she determined it was a hardware issue.

So, because I’ve had the headset for 3 weeks and the return policy is 14 days (don’t get me started on how ridiculous that is on an 800 piece of technology) she said I am not eligible for a replacement, only a repair which she said would take 6-8 weeks.

So, aside from the ridiculousness of having to pay to send in my brand new Vive for a repair that will take twice as long as I’ve had the product. I have a project my daughter and I have been working on for her science class in a couple of weeks.

Before I bite the bullet and send in my Vive Pro to repair and figure out a solution to get another headset quickly, has anyone come across this problem. I’ve switched all the cables I can. I’ve done all the regular firmware/software/driver Updates.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Archived