Test vive display without base stations

I picked up a vive today pretty cheap off of a friend that left the base stations at his old house. Before I order replacements is the anyway to get a display and test basic functionality without them? I have the hmd 2 controllers and the connectection block and all wiring just no stations or power adapters

, The Vive is a device that requires SteamVR's basestations in order to work. You can confirm basic functionality by connecting the HMD and installing and launching SteamVR. If the HMD is working normally, without basestations, the display should power on with a green led on the side of the HMD and the display will show a solid grey color. You'll require basestations to display anything other than that grey screen. 

, there is a optical sensor in between the lenses that detects if a person is wearing the HMD. You can block with this your finger to activate the screen and disable the "idle" mode. I'm not familiar with a SteamVR message that prompts users to move the HMD. 

After further messing around with it I can get everything functioning other than the display on the hmd. Controllers sync everything detects and screen mirroring shows the Grey screen on the pc but the display of the hmd is black with no back light. I get the green or red indicator light just fine

Well unfortunately this unit had water damage. I opened the cover and seen the damage. After major cleaning I was able to get the Grey screen and my base station came in today but upon reassembly I cracked the right amoled and it seems replacements are impossible to find so I just ordered a replacement headset. If anyone knows of a source for a replacement led screen let me know

Archived