New HTC Vive Pro headset has more jitter and drift than old one

jon_bondy

I love the increased resolution with the Vive Pro headset, but the jitter and drift is so bad that it is basically useless.  It has never worked correctly.  Contacting Support was a joke: after a few weeks they said to post here.

The lighouses are synched with a cable and the controllers and headset have current microcode.  I am running an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080.

Anyone else having these problems?  I had a little jitter and drift with the original headset, but the Vive Pro is 100 times worse

Similar problems. I had a bit jitter with my OG Vive but it was just the controllers at certain angle. Never noticed any drifting of my play area (in headset), but I do now on my Vive Pro as well. I'm pretty sure it's something with tracking but not sure what or why. I contacted live chat support and after going through my system log file of SteamVR, they said that everything was looking good, so they suggested to send back the Vive Pro cause it might be faulty, but I don't think that's the case  so I didn't. Now I'm just waiting on the 2.0 basestations and controllers hoping they'll fix my tracking issues. 

How/where did you order your 2.0 base stations? I've looked around and cannot find them available anywhere. Frustrating that HTC sold me an expensive headset that does not work, and then does not provide support.

I did a quick Chat with Vive tech support. It turns out that I had included too much in my play area. After making the play area smaller, things are much better. The trick seems to be to only include the rectangle that is bounded by the two base stations. But the tech support woman had much more specific recommendations. I suggest that you contact chat tech support.

Archived