Intel i7-7700HQ

Xulli

Hi people,

Im looking to purchase the Vive Pro, when i ran the compatbility test on my Alienware laptop. The results states that my Intel i7-7700hq is not powerful enough to run Vive.

But i saw the minumum specs was the i5.

so im a little confuse. I dont wish to invest on a $900 system if it doesnt work on my laptop.

any advise?

The i7-7700 is supported. We'll look into why this is giving a false negative.

In general, these kinds of compatiblity tests rely on data that the computer's BIOS communicates into Windows; there is a huge variation in how OEMs integrate chipsets which can impact how windows sees and reports the hardware to the compatibility checker. 

, we've posted an update to the tool that addresses this bug based off your reports. Thanks!

To anybody else who may be reading this and feels like they've gotten a false negative, feel free to post here along with some basic info about the component in question and we'll evaulate the result. 

I hope that you are doing well today and was wondering what kind of RAM you are running and how any GB you have available for you graphics output? I understand that the minimum requirements for a processor is an I5 intel, although there are a number of other specifications to connect to a Vitual Platform. I will try and help get you up to speed if your laptop can be upgraded if not already up to par.

Maybe

Archived