HTC Vive Dashboard not working

Emaal

Hi!

I managed to get a Vive a few days ago, completely new out of the box.

While it's a great piece of hardware, I seem to be struggling with some of the software, in this case the Dashboard.

Whenever I boot up SteamVR, and press on the system button on my controller, nothing happens. The dashboard does not appear or seem to be booting.

I have looked around, and I've tried the following:

Enabling Dashboard in SteamVR Developer settings

Reinstalled SteamVR

Verified SteamVR files

Tried to boot the dashboard directly from the executable it has in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\SteamVR\bin\win32 

When I boot the executable it gives me the following message: The procedure entry point SDL_JoystickGetDeviceType could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\SteamVR\bin\win32\panorama\panorama_vr.dll

I have tried to delete the .dll, tried moving it to the folder where the .exe is, although to no success. 

I feel I'm out of options, and therefore hope you can help me out here.

Apologies if this is posted in the wrong place.

Cheers!

, Outside of when SteamVR first launched, this appears to be a really obscure error. You may need to post in the SteamVR Community or contact Valve as that's a function of their compositor. 

I was only able to find three instances of this reported publicly; all on Reddit:

Based on these, it seems like it can be caused by old or unnecessary .dll's, administrative access, or old installations. 

Archived