Doom VFR issue with launch

geo1967

I know this may not be the correct forum, but after dealing with Bathesda for the last 4 weeks I'm not really sure who can take ownership for the issue that I and apparently many other folks have. The issue is, when Doom VFR starts in Steam VR it tries to load and then immediately opens and loads Steam VR Home? 

I have tried all of the "fixes" mentioned in various forums: disabled Steam VR Beta, update and/or roll back display drivers, installed and reinstalled Doom VFR, tried running as ADMIN etc...It just seems strange that this happens with Doom but with Fallout or Skyrim? 

, Ultimately, Bethesda is responsible for supporting their games whereas Steam is responsible for delivery and hosting of that build and for the SteamVR compositor - Vive is responsible for the hardware in this case which appears to be running normally. 

Looking into this, it seems like these errors were really only persistent at launch and I don't see any sort of recent post that indicates the current status of this issue. Given the info you provided, in this case, I would contact Steam's support line and request a refund from them. Bethesda has not shared information with us about this bug and there is not enough info to provide actionable troubleshooting, especially when this seems to be a previously known issue on Bethesda's side. 

Perhaps this is occurring because of an FPS drop? You could look into manually overriding the supersampling options on the "Video" tab of SteamVR and lowering the value to partially eliminate it being a pref issue. 

, What's your GPU? You may not be able to drive that specific experience with the default sampling settings. Try going  into the video tab of SteamVR's settings, enabling "manual override" and set the value to ~56%, this will make the Pro emulate the graphics bandwidth of a standard Vive. This is a global setting; be sure to revert it when finished. 

• 8 months later...

Same here, tries to launch, times out. Using evga 1080 superclocked along side with 8700k. Tried reinstalling gpu drivers with DDU, disabling intel from device manager, reinstalling game. And refund is not an acceptable option here. I bought the game not to go for a refund later on, but rather to enjoy it of which i cannot do now the way i want. By last i mean that it does work on my laptop equiped with 1060 and 6700hq but it hangs during level loadings at 98-99% after completing mission. Please help

• 1 month later...

Archived