Vive Pro: Base Station 2.0 red blinking light -> now no light

Zentas

So I've had my full Vive Pro kit for almost a month with only some minor problems. But now after trying to plug in the two base stations one base station didnt connect with SteamVR and had a red blinking light. After trying to connect it with my pc and looking for an update it just doesnt turn itself on anymore. No status light and no vibrating motor after I plug it in. Just in the far background of the Base Station is a flashing green light.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there. Please PM me or 

As far as the "firmware fix" you mentioned. There was a never a way to resolve rotor failure with a firmware update. The issue is mechanical in nature and requires expert repair.

Thank you,

-John C

And I completely agree I meant the firmware rescue as in a software approach for some problems, It does work for when the base stations 1.0 stop turning "on" after a firmware update :) that I know

I was hoping there was a similar approach for this 2.0 red light which I'm really really hoping is not a herald for a repair only solution like the 1.0 red blinking light was.

• 5 months later...

Seemingly at least 70% of people who purchased the Vive Pro (including myself) have had 2.0 base stations break (red light) within a month of their $1200-$1400 purchase. UNACCEPTABLE!!!. I will be returning my broken HTC Vive Pro. I foresee a class action lawsuit here. I myself would gladly pay the litigation fees well in excess of what I paid for this broken-as-sold VR system just to see HTC pay for and admit to selling what they knew to be faulty hardware to thousands of hopeful consumers.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I have just unpacked my Vive pro after putting away in its case all operational.  One of the base stations is now cycling through the lights as normal when powered on.  Blue, then white for a while...but then blinks red and steam VR does not pick it up?

Reading through the threads it seems this to be a serious issue.  Can I get some advice on where to go and get this fixed...how can you tell if it is a mechanical issue?

As much information on this would be appreciated.  I have had a few issues before but normally with some time and the good ole internet am able to fix...Heres hoping this is the case.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...