Issue with Third Vive Tracker Dongle Pairing with Vive Tracker

Staven

I purchased three HTC Vive Trackers recently and have been trying to get them to all pair through their dongles for full-body tracking support. Two were successful in pairing but the third and final tracker would not pair. I've updated firmware, reset USB devices, and all other relevant troubleshooting but to no avail. After several hours of troubleshooting and then an hour and a half with the Vive Customer Support I'm fairly certain it is just a hardware issue and that the one dongle is defective. I concluded this because if I unplug that specific dongle's USB and plug it into the third tracker, the tracker is then immediately recognized in SteamVR. After updating the firmware for the tracker I always get errors while opening SteamVR. 

Thanks in advance,

Staven

• 10 months later...

Hey, I know it's been a while but I solved this issue by pairing the dongle on one of the working USB ports, then switching it back to the origional USB port it was in. (I also have all dongles on separate USB ports, no extenders.)  Figured I should leave this here for you if you need it, and anyone else that might have the problem in the future.

Also, make sure your controllers are paired before you start.  If not the trackers will try to pair with the base station