Vive setup crashes when it says preparing

5haie

Hey thanks for taking the time to reading this i need your help. So my HTC vive comes tomorrow so i thought i should get my setup done so im ready to play it tomorrow however the first time i launched it it stopped downloading because of something to do with my permissions then it closed. I tried again and after it checked the version and said it was preparing it just closes with no error message i have the logs and i think this could be  a problem "2018-06-03 22:50:20] [AppID 573090] Schema not found on disk
[2018-06-03 22:50:28] [AppID 346010] Schema not found on disk
[2018-06-03 22:50:28] [AppID 346010] CAPIJobRequestUserStats - received error 'Failure' (2) from server
[2018-06-03 22:50:34] [AppID 552520] Schema not found on disk
[2018-06-03 22:50:37] [AppID 313160] Schema not found on disk
[2018-06-03 22:50:37] [AppID 313160] CAPIJobRequestUserStats - updated schema from server
[2018-06-03 22:50:37] [AppID 313160] CAPIJobRequestUserStats - no stats data in server response, we must be up to date
[2018-06-03 22:50:38] [AppID 271590] CAPIJobRequestUserStats - no stats data in server response, we must be up to date
[2018-06-03 22:51:13] [AppID 227300] CAPIJobRequestUserStats - no stats data in server response, we must be up to date" i personally have no idea what that means and i hope one of u can help me. Also i have re installed steam deleted the setup and re installed restarted my computer and deleted the vive file in my program files the person who was helping me said it was something maybe to do my permissions but i cant remember.

Having the exact same issue. The first time I did this it prompted me to create an account so I did. Unfortunately I blue screened right after the account. Logged back on and the install won't work anymore. I've deleted everything related to the setup but it still won't do anything. Just closes after it shows "preparing."

,  - This appears to be a new bug so I'll have to alert the team responsible for this process. They may reach out privately to collect additional feedback. 

In the mean time, you can continue to utilize your Vive hardware by downloading the Steam client and accessing SteamVR from within; it typically autodetects your HMD and prompts for an automatic installation. 

SteamVR. SteamVR is what drives the Vive; the Vive installer installs Viveport, tools which enable additional features and services, and ensure you have a Steam and SteamVR installation. While we're looking into this, you can still access your Vive hardware via SteamVR. 

• 6 months later...

Exactly the same problem today (25 Dec 2018)  --- so the ViveSetup dowloader is still not patched?  Running on Admin profile on Win 10 Pro on an Intel i7 8700K, 32 GB RAM with an NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti on IE (not Edge), so I don't think the issue is on my end...

• 3 weeks later...