Cant install viveport

wachu

Hi,

i have 2months subscription and picked some games today. I had viveport installed but couldnt run in (after i click viveport it starts minimized in tray and after 3seconds it closes. I uninstalled it and cleared any remaining files (also in ProgramData) but now near end of installation i have error "cant install VIVEPORT (-103)".

I play all vr games in steamvr and it works flawlessly.

, this could be old installation data or registry entries preventing the final stages of installation. You can delete the temporary files from previous installs by finding the following folder: %localappdata\temp\ViveInstall.<version number>. The current version is 3.0.5.0 but you may have a different path or version number if you were upgrading from an older install.

Depending on how your windows installation is setup (language, OS, ect...), you may see some variation on where your appdata folder is located and named. It may be easiest to search your PC for "appdata" and then see if it contains a temp subfolder and then delete any folders that have "Vive" in the name. 

Hi David.

Thanks for the tip. Deleting that files fixed the installation problem and i have the newest version installed, but the VIVEPORT software isnt working properly. When i start it, it starts minized and after 3 seconds it dissapears. Do you have any sugestions how to fix this problem?

Thanks.

Unfortunetly no window is showing, just viveport icon near system clock and just for a few seconds. I tried to run viveport via steamvr in VR and got the info about signing in but then it crashed.

, do you have antivirus software running? This is potentially consistent with an external application terminating the process. Normally, we'd have you submit a log via the Viveport client but since the client process terminates itself that's not an option. 

Archived