Sweat Damage?

WhaleStorm78

I purchased my HTC Vive off of Amazon one month ago, and it worked perfectly for the first few weeks. Unfortunately, evidence online suggests that my headset might have suffered perspiration damage causing it to be unable to be tracked by the lighthouses. SteamVR consistently displays an Error 108, which then changes to say that the headset is connected but cannot be tracked. This change only occurs once my computer goes into sleep mode. The headset is always within view of the lighthouses when this error occurs, and the lighthouses seem to be working perfectly fine. None of the suggested fixes for Error 108 have worked, and I am worried that there's nothing I can do to fix it. Is the problem really sweat damage, or am I misidentifying the problem? Is this a problem I can fix at home, or  do I have to send it for repairs?  If I do have to send it for repairs, how would I go about doing that? I am about to contact Customer Care (I just found it, and it was admittedly in plain sight), but if that fails to help then I don't know what else to do. I tried sending a message  to support about this but when I checked the ticket number that I got in the responding email, the repair tracking page said that my ticket number didn't exist. I am very frustrated by this entire situation, and I would really appreciate any help that anyone has to offer.  

Archived