PC turns off

Nipper

Hi All,

I have an issue with my PC that meats the requirements for VIVE but turns off after about 10 seconds of getting in to a game. My PC specs below:

ZALMAN MS800-Plus Black ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
X-Viper Modular 750W 80+ Ultra Silent PSU
MSI Z87-G43 Intel® Z87 ATX Motherboard
New 4th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-4770K Quad Core Processor (3.5GHz, 8MB Cache)
16GB DDR3 1866MHz Memory (2x8GB) Kit 
4GB AMD Radeon™ R9 290 - 4GD5 Gaming Series Graphics 
2TB SATA III 6Gb/s, 7200rpm, 64MB Cache, 8ms Hard Drive
24x DVD Writer (read/write CD & DVD)
Integrated 7.1 High Definition 8-channel Audio
Wireless PCI-E 802.11n Up to 300Mbps (Supports 802.11n/g/b) (Edimax EW-7612PIn) 
Microsoft Windows® Home 10

Any help would be appreciated :)

Cheers,

, is this behavior limited to VR or does it happen with any high demand game/executable? Does anything get logged in windows event viewer or SteamVR's logs? This type of behavior is typically releated to faulty power supplies, overheating, incorrect power management settings, or some sort of fatal system error that'd require logs to being to diagnose. 

Hi David,

I have not seen any log as to the issue, but I do not get any issues with the likes of BF1 etc. I was assuming either graphic card overheating or Power supply but both fall within the specs?

Any idea if there is a program I could download to identifi ?

Kind regards.

, the program would be the one I mentioned. Windows has a built in system called the Event Viewer - it could potentially capture the issue. SteamVR also generates logs (aka system reports). You can access that GUI via SteamVR's dropdown menu under the "generate system report" option. 

These systems would likely not capture if the problem is based in the power supply. Normally if it were some sort of fatal software error, the computer would remain powered on and would typically display some sort of crash notification often accompanied by an error code. 

Archived