Phone connection issue: Incoming Call stays on screen

Wasted Potential

I've noticed a new issue has developed recently when using the phone connector.

A phone call will come in, UP will pop up the notice, incomming call from XXX..

Then even after you hang up the call, etc.. the incomming call notice stays stuck on the screen, thereby blocking your view of your game, etc.. 

Just wanted to make you guys aware. Loving everything else and I love the phone connector despite this recent issue.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello , 

I've been having conversations over the weekend with the team that manages these SDK's/API's and have a some questions/input from them.  

1. Does this issue occur 100% of the time or does it only occur partially or under certain conditions?
  2. When the issue occurred, did the whole VR viewport freeze or did only the notification pane?
  3. What phone are you pairing? Please provide the model and OS version if possible.
  4. What steps did you do to successfully recover the session? Hard-reboot Steam VR, disconnect/reconnect phone, or re-plug in link box, ect...?
  5. If possible, please PM me logs related to this service. To do so:
    1. Access your local temp folder by typing " %temp% " in the address bar of your file browser.
    2. Find and upload the “ VivePairLog\ ” and “ VivePhoneSdkLog\ ” files to a secure location (such as Google drive) and share a link to them to me via PM. 
    3.  Agree via PM to the error collection log that I'm PM'ing you to grant us access to inspect your logs. 

Hi David,

I'll try to get logs and a video of it actually happening to you by this weekend. I think once you see the issue, you'll quickly be able to fix it.  Thank you for taking time to look into this for me.

Here are some answers and a better description:

1. Does this issue occur 100% of the time or does it only occur partially or under certain conditions? It happens 100% of the time.
  2. When the issue occurred, did the whole VR viewport freeze or did only the notification pane? Only the notification pane. It gets stuck on the screen so it obscures your game. It also seems to get stuck in it's original pop up location. So if you were looking down at say a control panel in the VR game, a pop up appears saying call from unknown... now if you look up. You'll see your game.. but everytime you look down, you see the notification sitting there.. call from unknown.. blocking the control panel. 
  3. What phone are you pairing? Please provide the model and OS version if possible. Original Pixel XL, Android 9. Build PPR1.180610.009. 
  4. What steps did you do to successfully recover the session? Hard-reboot Steam VR, disconnect/reconnect phone, or re-plug in link box, ect...? I reboot Steam VR and it clears the error. 
  5. If possible, please PM me logs related to this service. To do so: Logs will come soon.

• 3 weeks later...

We got a solution. Thanks to the very hard work of David aka VibrantNebula and Vive support team I am back to loving my Vive again and able to spend hours inside VR without worrying about missed calls and texts. THANK YOU everyone who helped with this. I couldn't be happier with the support I got and the outcome. 

The solution: I think it was as simple as uninstall/reinstall of the Vive App. I think the upgrade to Android P had broken the Vive app due to adding some new security restrictions onto it. When I reinstalled, it prompted me to change some security settings on my phone that were new changes. After that, the caller notification and text notification started to pop up and disappear like usual. So going forward.. every android update.. reinstall the app if you get problems.

Archived