Help Seting Up

NimmNimm

I am constantly getting error 208, to the point of mental breakdown because I can not figure this out. I have done so much to try and figure it out from, updating drivers, enabling direct mode, unselecting powersaving, unplugging and plugging in again but i still get error 208. Someone please help me

Please provide additional details about the behaviors you're seeing as well as your computer specs (the more detailed, the better). Have you been able to get it to successfully work in the past, or have you been completely unable to get it running? 

As a general rule of thumb, I recommend partially bypassing the linkbox. Basically you connect the HMD's orange 3-in-1 cable's USB/HDMI leads directly into your PC rather than the linkbox. When preforming this bypass, you'll still the orange power lead to be plugged into the linkbox to provide power to the HMD. 

, glad you've made some progress on figuring it out.  VR headsets tend to not get along well with things like adapters and splitters because of something called HDCP - High Definition Content Protection. It's always best to plug the Vive directly into your GPU - If your GPU only has one HDMI output you should first check to see if you're able to use the monitor via a different format that's supported by your GPU or you can try converting one of the GPU's other ports into an HMDI if that's the signal your monitor requires. 

Archived