PC Headset plugged into wrong video card with wireless vive adapter

zeshin

So i just hooked up the wirless adapter, and everything was running smooth. I tried out beat saber and it works fine. I try out VRChat and I get the message "This application requires the headset and the main monitor be plugged into the same graphics card." This also happens with Sprint Vector. I've tried updating my drivers, verifying i cant change the graphics card via the nvida control panel, messed with launch options, changed conncetion mode on the wirless app, ensured the cables for the old headset were not plugged in, reset my computer after each test to verify things took. I've been told that this device can work with vrchat, I just have no idea what to do at this point to get it to work.

I'm using a vive pro headset, titan z graphics card, i7-7700k CPU, 32 gigs of ram, 64-bit windows 10 opperating system.

So after ALL DAY yesterday trying to figure this out, my problem, the exact same error message, was instantly solved by simply disabling my SECOND VIDEO CARD. Once that was temporarily disabled, STEAM VR and all the apps like Google Earth VR, worked fine.

HOWEVER, I am getting quite a lot of "de-res'ing" and "signal breakup" coming into the headset feed. It seems to be pulsing every one second, with a noticable picture refresh. I am assuming this is the WiGIG data stream maybe getting interference from my wireless router or something. 

Hope this helps someone.

I found a solution after talking to tech support. I was using displayport to connect my graphics card to my monitor. I switched cables and connected using HDMI and that fixed my problems. It's not a pretty solution, but it did start working.

I had this issue with my desktop only when I was using the Vive Pro + wireless for some reason. It worked fine with Vive OG + wireless. In my specific case it seems to crap out with two GPUS when they aren't running SLI. Monitor connected to card 1 with displayport, got the error. Switched to card 2, same error. Turned on SLI and plugged back into card 1 - worked fine. It's a bit weird that the pro requires SLI enabled to "hide" the second card and clear the error.