Finger tracking on HTC Vive Pro

smygarn

At this point, these are unfortunately internal only SDKs that are not being shared with partners and the wider developer community. As it approaches production readiness, updates about these features will be communicated via press and our developer channels. 

We do have a github repo with earlier handtracking code that adds onto some of the SRWorks SDK but it is not a finger tracking repo https://github.com/ViveSoftware/ViveSRWorksHand 

• 1 month later...

, thanks for the heads up and the git repo. I will dive into this ASAP. 

Please keep us updated and can you please share any of the future plans you guys have with this? I think this will be very important in the business segment!

I will ping the SDK team that is currently working on this and see if there are any updates as it has indeed been a while since it was teased at our developer conference. I believe we're taking a more conservative approach with the rollout of this branch of CV features as they'd need to be reasonably reliable (for an RGB system) under a wide range of lighting and background conditions. 

• 4 weeks later...

The latest I have is that it's that work on those SDK features and their corresponding documentation are still WIP but they are advancing towards an early release.I don't have a timeline on that. 

SRWorks can do basic hand tracking - those features are already baked into that SDK.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived