Vive wireless error 10001.1428

oxtailgyull

Hey,

Just got my wireless adapter, getting these errors (second one happens if you hit redetect).

Tried in two systems, in different pcie slots on both, same thing. Both running windows 10, latest steam VR all that **bleep**. System 1: i7 7700k, 16gb ram, 2080ti. System 2: Ryzen 7 1800X, 32gb ram, 2080ti.

The card shows up in device manager as working normally, I have a suspicion that the SMA/IPEX cable might be buggered, it seemed to have a small cut on it, which might be deep enough to cause issues. Tried a different cable from an old motherboard with no luck though.

To HTC speciffically: if its likely to be that connector wire, is there any way I can get a replacement for just that?

Cheers.

I'm having the _exact_ same issue except I'm on Win7. My cable does not appear to be damaged.

Edit: I pulled apart the wireless link box and the antenna cable wasn't properly seated. I reseated it and everything is working! I'll post pictures later.

Remove the screws from the bottom and pull off the top cover. Note that it snaps shut so it make take a bit of prying to get it open.

h1_Pu2m8QiGuXwMTg6-25A?viewBox=2320%2C1305&ownerId=A39Q0U430V7EYY

The bottom cover is now detached. Slide it down the cable so that it's fully detached.

vp8ybiuBQ-WLj0CZ0a6f1Q?viewBox=2320%2C1305&ownerId=A39Q0U430V7EYY

Remove the front end (right side in the picture) very carefully so as to not damage the coax cable. There's a bit of thermal paste on the antenna element (the long, thin rectangle) so it may stick to the heatsink (the large radiator part of the left).

WRhih2d6T5abfLGT4pXAFA?viewBox=2320%2C1305&ownerId=A39Q0U430V7EYY

Check the antenna cable. Mine was detached when I opened it up. Carefully reattach it (don't push too hard) so that it's flat against the PCB (the green board).

OIq7xNaiQ1qiy1UVLhCqtA?viewBox=2320%2C1305&ownerId=A39Q0U430V7EYY

Reverse the steps to reassemble.

A few other key words so that Google picks up on this page.

Not ready (10001.4128)

HTC vive Wireless link box error

Please check the cable connection to the WiGig card, and press the button to detect again.

Undefind Text: ErrorDeviceEnableFailText

• 2 months later...

Here's a repost since my original image links broke.

Remove the screws from the bottom and pull off the top cover. Note that it snaps shut so it make take a bit of prying to get it open.

6Z6NkG3.jpg

The bottom cover is now detached. Slide it down the cable so that it's fully detached.

HWOkg6y.jpg

Remove the front end (right side in the picture) very carefully so as to not damage the coax cable. There's a bit of thermal paste on the antenna element (the long, thin rectangle) so it may stick to the heatsink (the large radiator part of the left).

uW3c75U.jpg

Check the antenna cable. Mine was detached when I opened it up. Carefully reattach it (don't push too hard) so that it's flat against the PCB (the green board).

12OICZu.jpg

Is this the official fix?

If so, is there an easy way to remove the screw covers? Mine have rubber stoppers blocking the screw heads.

EDIT: If you're having this issue, first check to make sure your coax is fully screwed in. I tried to do it by hand and thought it was tight, then I used a pair of pliers for better grip and found it it wasn't even close to fully screwed in. Doing this fixed my issue.

Who's idea was it to use a coaxial cable? Did anyone ever plug in a coax and say, "boy that sure was easy!"?

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem.
Using the brute force method, I found out that the coaxial cable on the board is inoperative.
The internal vein does not respond.
I ordered a new cable. I am waiting.

P.S. The wireless adapter has ordered a new one from Amazon. The seals were intact.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

having the issue now. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the wireless app. Checked antenna cable as posted above. Swapped the cable from the wigig card to the antenna to a different one. Still shows the same error. Swapped 1x pcie slots too and still nothing. Beginning to think my Wigig card is fried. Anyone else?

I have a Ryzen 3700X in ROG Crosshair VII  Win 10 1903 X64 and the setup worked perfectly for me since I got the adapter. Now i get this. Nothing changed in my config... @Synthesis