Dota 2 VR - Working?

Rockmover

Is Dota VR working for anyone right now? If so, please just respond yes. I had it working fine a few weeks back, but now it just crashes as soon as the VR hub screen appears. I completely reinstalled Windows 10 from scratch last night, the Vive Pro drivers, latest nvidia drivers, Steam and Steam VR, and then Dota 2. I was hoping a fresh an new install would fix it....but no luck. Still just crashes on startup. I have tried everything I can think of, so I don't know if its a bug in a current build, of if everyone is having issues?  And other VR games are working just fine, its ONLY dota 2 VR (which yes is just spectating).

Hmm very good point.  I was running it with a GTX 970 card, and just updated to a 1070.  Now that I think about it I dont think I have run it yet with the 1070 card.  I guess I can put the 970 back in and see if it works (but I always hate to downgrade drivers)?

I just tested this and was unable to launch the app into VR mode - something in a recent SteamVR update may have broken it. The publisher on DOTA 2 is Valve, you may want to drop a note on the SteamVR and DOTA2 discussion boards or try and submit a support ticket to let them know that feature may be broken. 

• 2 years later...