Mini Display Problems

FluffyHDD

Okay so! My HTC Vive just arrived yesterday and I've been having fun messing around with it. But since I have a big family, they want to see and my miniscule laptop's screen isn't cutting it whatsoever. So Instead, I tried to dedicate the HDMI port for the TV and instead tried to use a 4K 60Hz Mini Display to Mini Display (Male-Male) cable to link up with my Vive. 

I can verify that audio is transferring properly but my computer wouldn't even attempt to detect it as an external monitor. This is strange because the advertising said this laptop can support up to 2 External monitors; essentially what I'm doing here. This is sad because the HDMI port supports  only 30Hz as well so everything is choppy.

My laptop in question is the MSI GL62M 7REX-1067.  

I've been working at this for 3 hours now and at my wit's end. I've reinstalled every driver, rerolled back every driver, ensured no power saving measures are taken and maxed out performance, and even attempted downloading a fresh copy of windows without success. I'm just stuck, any help will be appreciated guys. 

Archived