VIVE Wireless: Can't find any headset

TC2

Last hope someone here might have an answer (or trouble shooting) to this because I seem to have tried everything. It had been working fine but now when I load up the wireless software it immediately comes up with "Can't find any headset". The headset just sits there with a slow blinking green light. The card seems alive and active in the device manager. I've changed the PCI slot with the same result, checked cable connections and reinstalled the software.

wrote:

Last hope someone here might have an answer (or trouble shooting) to this because I seem to have tried everything. It had been working fine but now when I load up the wireless software it immediately comes up with "Can't find any headset". The headset just sits there with a slow blinking green light. The card seems alive and active in the device manager. I've changed the PCI slot with the same result, checked cable connections and reinstalled the software.

I had the same issue, but i reached out to vive support and they asked me a few questions about is there any fraying on the cable or physical damage. I had none, so they told me to get a replacement. And they delivered it to me. 

Regards,

Brian

It did work when it was wired. I'd have to link up all the wires again to check. It previously worked wireless as well. I'd not used it for a few weeks and when I tried the problem showed up. I thought you might have been onto something with the linkbox. I'd plugged it back in just to power down the lighthouses, but I've unplugged it and the problem is still there. Anything else I might try?

I'm having the same problem. My headset does work when its wired. Ill try unplugging my link box. Is there a way for the base stations to automatically turn off without the link box plugged in? Thanks

• 1 month later...

Started out great fun to play. About a week and a half past the return date the vive stopped working. We did all the trouble shooting on steam and htc's sites nothing helped. Contacted HTC Tec support they gave a few others to try but they didn't work. Sent the head set in for repair. HTC is telling me to pay $270.00 for the repair. they say its water damaged. How can you make something that gets strapped to your body (head) and not make it water (sweat) proof. I own watches and phones that are water proof. And for the head set not to be is a manufacturer flaw. Also HTC changed the wording of their warrantee from does not cover water damage other than perspiration to does not cover water damage. So now I'll have to contact a lawyer , BBB and consumer protection agency

• 4 weeks later...

Short answer: what worked for me is a full reset of my computer (re installing windows and all) once I did that I installed steam and steam vr on my drive that has my os, (my c drive) and then ran the vive wireless installer.

How I got to this point.

The first card I ordered installed easy enough but the antenna or somthing whas messed up so I sent for a replacement, the replacement came and when I put it in it no longer was detected by my computer. It showed up as an unknown device under controllers I think? So i figured it was somthing wrong with the card. since I thought it was the card I talked to support and was going to send this one in shortly, out of pure anger I orderd a second one from amazon, same issue, so then I knew it was the computer. I read somone solved it by doing a full reset of their computer so I tried that and it worked. unfortanely because of the reset i dont have the supporting screen shots and what not. I hope this helps!

Archived