stop working.

Vedfur

i just got the vive and i can play for maybe 30-60 min then something bugs out and all i see is a white screen and i have to unplug the power and plug it in again to get it working again.

everything is green and not showing any errors anywhere and there should be no reflective surfaces to interfare with the base stations. what could be the problem and how can i fix it?

The basestations may be entering standby mode due to the bluetooth power management settings. 

Do the stations remain on and sending out tracking data? The best way to tell if they're emiiting tracking data is to look for the 9 faint red dots from the sync LED array - if you don't see them there's a good chance it's a standby mode issue.

Outside of the tracking system, there's the possibly that something in your power line is affecting the power supply to the basestations. We've seen cases of tracking lost when a refrigerator or air conditioner kicks on and messes with the mains current.

Another possiblity is that your CPU/GPU starts overheating after extended use and that when you unplug it, the thermals have a chance to recover. 

• 1 month later...

Started out great fun to play. About a week and a half past the return date the vive stopped working. We did all the trouble shooting on steam and htc's sites nothing helped. Contacted HTC Tec support they gave a few others to try but they didn't work. Sent the head set in for repair. HTC is telling me to pay $270.00 for the repair. they say its water damaged. How can you make something that gets strapped to your body (head) and not make it water (sweat) proof. I own watches and phones that are water proof. And for the head set not to be is a manufacturer flaw. Also HTC changed the wording of their warrantee from does not cover water damage other than perspiration to does not cover water damage. So now I'll have to contact a lawyer , BBB and consumer protection agency

Archived