HDMI connection problems

Th3Magicbox

I had recently gotten a htc Vive pro, yet I did not have a dpi1.2 port. My Asus ROG GL752VW does not have a thunderbolt 3 C type port. Yet it is C type. I have a mini dp port like the one on the begging of the Vive connection. Will a adapter for that work?

Looking at this marketing page for that specific model shows you have a potentially bigger problem...

It says that laptop has: "Integrated Intel® HD Graphics 530/ NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 960M with 2G/4G GDDR5 VRAM"

If it has a 960m it's only has a tiny fraction of the power required to drive a Pro HMD. 

It does state it has a miniDP - if it does you can use the the 3 foot version of this cable. That said, if you truly have a 960M you'd be under the min requirements for a Vive let alone a Pro and it's not going to work under any circumstance. Laptops don't have identical perf to their desktop counterparts - you realistically need a minimum of a 1070 to get a Pro to work well on a laptop. 

, there is no way for you to drive the HMD via a USB port unless that USB port is specifically bridged to the dedicated GPU. In almost 99% of cases, the specific adapter you linked would likely not work as laptops simply don't bridge standard USB-A ports to the dGPU (it's costs more to manufacter that way). 

In many cases a modern gaming laptop's USB-C port can be wired to the dGPU but it's a case by case, model by model type of thing. 

Archived