VIVE HMD Question.

mylook1

, There are no major magnetic components within the Vive. If you have an HMD with attached headphones, technically those are electromagnets. This is the most robust breakdown available of the HMD's components. 

The headset is shielded - but not only to a certain degree as it has some inherent wireless connectivity over BT. It is vulnerable to EMI from nearby electromagnetics and generalized EM fields. 

• 4 weeks later...

Started out great fun to play. About a week and a half past the return date the vive stopped working. We did all the trouble shooting on steam and htc's sites nothing helped. Contacted HTC Tec support they gave a few others to try but they didn't work. Sent the head set in for repair. HTC is telling me to pay $270.00 for the repair. they say its water damaged. How can you make something that gets strapped to your body (head) and not make it water (sweat) proof. I own watches and phones that are water proof. And for the head set not to be is a manufacturer flaw. Also HTC changed the wording of their warrantee from does not cover water damage other than perspiration to does not cover water damage. So now I'll have to contact a lawyer , BBB and consumer protection agency

Archived