Vive camera not working on SteamVR 1.2.7 / Windows 10

ivo

Hello all, 

Just received my Vive today and finished setting up today using SteamVR 1.2.7 (found out it just updated today)

I have no problem using my vive as VR terminal and everything works well

but I can't access my front facing camera.

In SteamVR settings it says the camera is unavailable, try to connect to other usb ports.

To find the solution I

- switched every ports (2.0/3.0/3.1) and even used a powered usb hub but no luck.

- Uninstall/reinstall of SteamVR software (1.2.7), not working

- tried on two different computers with the same os (Win 10 pro 64bit - updates are turned on), with same results.

- Checked on win 10 cam/mic privacy settings

Any solution to this? First I thought that my Vive is has a faulty camera, but when hooking it to win 7 machine without any steamVR SW install and only with usb cable, it worked well as a webcam, showing the live feed of the camera.

On win 10 machines I can see "HTC Vive" in device manager as cameras which says it works correctly, but doesn't show the live feed with win 10 default camera app.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Thank you.

- P.S : the microphone always works.

I am having the exact same issue with my Vive pro. I have had the Vive pro since release and had no issues with the camera. After the last Steamvr update 1.2.7 I get the exact same error. Windows 10 1803. I also tried diff USB ports, drivers etc. Verified all security settings for camera. My camera shows up as well, when I veiw events they are from last year when I installed the Vive Pro. Viewing all events there are none listed in the event viewer regarding the USB port or camera.

Archived