How to test the Classroom SDK?

Play2Speak

Hi guys,

I am trying to add support for the classroom SDK to our project.

Viveport DRM and Classroom seem to initialise properly.

For the Classroom SDK I have been able to integrate and test Resume, Suspend, and Checkpoint functionalities. Unfortunately, when testing the game against the provided viveport_classroom_api_demo_server.exe program, the Exercise I receive is of a different form to the one given as example in the documentation. Specifically I receive

id=123, title=1234, options=1)333 2)fff, timeout=60, answer=3333

where something similar to this was expected

title=which planet we live in, options=A:sun,B:moon,C:earth,D:mars, answer=C

Now, this makes me believe the format in wich we receive the exercise is not strictly defined, which brings me to the next questions.

1. Is this a misunderstanding between the person who implented the server demo, and the one who wrote the documentation?
  2. Does exist and official template for the exercise?
  3. If not, how can we produce the exercise to send to the classroom listeners on the game?

It is not clear how teachers (or testers) can produce the exercises to feed to the listenting game. The whole process is a bit obscure to me. Can anyone please shed some light on this?

Thanks,

Fabio

Sorry, but I really fail to see, how creating a DRM wrapper whould solve our problem with the Classroom SDK (Exercise). We already support DRM trhough the .NET  (Unity) version of the Viverpot SDK and it works properly.

We need a way to test the exercise for the Classroom SDK, and also it would be nice to understand how data will be received from a remote place to interact with our title.

Hello, 

For Classroom SDK, actually, you need a host app and demo client app on the same device. And do the communication by IPC. If you only have demo client app, maybe you don't have any chance to receive any event. 

So, can I know the purpose you use classroom SDK?

Regards,

Yaking

I see  , we thought there was in place a system where remote users could interact with the game from real remote locations.

Anyway, the purpose was to allow teachers to ask questions in the middle of the game, while a student is playing. Now, if this communication has to come from the same machine, it is somewhat less interesting than we thought, but it can still be an option.

Thanks for clarifying.

P.S. Some quick considerations:

1. The remote demo is a command line app, it would have helped to be able to insert text to actually create an exercise, instead of sending only the pre set one.
  2. Maybe in the future it would be nice to have an API capable of talking with remote applications, even they have to be within the same network.

Let me clarify once again to avoid misunderstanding. 

You could see the attached. 

Developer needs to develope:

1. Remove service on teacher's computer. 

2. local service on student's computer and integrate classroom SDK. 

3. local app on student's computer and integrate classroom SDK. 

4. socket connection between teacher's computer and student's computer. 

So, classroom SDK only provides an generic IPC approach between two process. 

Hope the flow chart is more clear for you. 

Thanks.

Yaking

Yes , thank you for the effort to make a diagram, I did get what you meant, it was clear in the first place.

Although, let me just say that, if I have to write the remote server, the client server and then communicate with the game through IPC, I rather implement my API, to communicate from a remote server to the game client directly, with the same result, and less development resources. If HTC doesn't provide a common and unified service, platform or framework or how you want to call it, to free the developers from creating their own service, what is the advantage for us to integrate this Classroom SDK? I may missing something here, and I get maybe this is not for you to answer.

Thanks again fro the support anyway.

Archived