Wireless Adapter video card

AndreMan

Hi.

I think the answer to this question is obvious but I want to make sure I'm not missing something here.
I have an Nvidia RTX 2080 but I also have a wireless adapter whch of course came with it's own card and I have to use that one for a wireless connection.

So, despite having what I'm sure is a much better video card already in my computer, will my overall performance now be limited to whatever the card that came with the adapter is capable of?

Any idea how to compare the included card to any particular nvidia model?

I don't think I would use the system without the adapter so I guess this is the trade off but just wanted to make sure I'm not missing something.

I don't suppose we'll ever have a method to use an already installed video card with the wireless adapter.

Thanks for any thoughts.

Andre

Thank you for the quick reply.

I guess I was a little confused as I'm so used to thinking of the video output routing through the physical ports on the GPU card and since the displayport cable is no longer connected to my GPU and the link box, I hadn't realized the video signal would get routed through the installed wireless card.

Thanks again,

Andre

The Wireless adapter leverages the CPU and the integrated circuitry on the PCI-E card to reroute, dynamically compress, and transmit/receive data. 

You can switch over to wired mode by plugging in your linkbox with the power, USB, and video cable plugged into the PC/GPU. If you plug in the linkbox with only USB and power, skipping the display cable, the PC will route the signal to the wireless adapter but also allow you to access the bluetooth radio in the linkbox for things like basestation power management.

One tradeoff of the wireless adapter is that it does not contain watchman circutry hence why you need to plug in the linkbox if you want access to those radios. 

Archived