Games that support multiple headsets through one wireless adapter

Kantharr

Hey guys,

I currently have a Vive Wireless Adapter and I tried it out for a couple of games. It was pretty fun to have the free-range of movement but I want to be able to invite my friends over that also have VIVE headsets with wireless adapters. Before I could invite them over I want to know more about how games can detect the multiple headsets connecting to one PC through an adapter and what games in particular would allow this sort of setup?

Also as a side question I want to know if it's possible to have a wired VIVE headset connected and a wireless headset connected through the adapter at the same time?

Thanks!

I contacted the support team to ask these questions and they have answered them all for me. Here are the answers that they gave:

1. Yes up to 3 wireless headsets can be connected to the same Wigig Adapter for multiplayer play.

2. Yes games that have multiplayer support will be able to support this setup.

3. No you can't have a wired headset and a wireless headset connected to the same PC.

1. Yes up to 3 wireless headsets can be connected to the same Wigig Adapter for multiplayer play.
Not correct. You can have up to three wireless adapters in the same play space (all on different channels.) You absolutely cannot use 3 wireless headsets on the same adapter/antenna. That will not work.
2. Yes games that have multiplayer support will be able to support this setup.
That setup will not work.
3. No you can't have a wired headset and a wireless headset connected to the same PC.
This is correct. In general, you can't have more than one Vive connected to the same PC wired or wireless. That configuration is entirely unsupported and not recommended.

May I ask who you spoke to who provided the answers you gave?

Thank you,

-John C

Archived