Green light but screen is black

raingamer22

So steamVR recognizes the headset, recognizes that it's connected, USB connection and HDMI connection both get a checkmark, the display mirrors to my computer and the tracking is working. I've tried reinstalling steamVR, reinstalling the USB drivers, changing the HDMI cable running from the link box, using different USB ports, using the HMD HDMI cable directly. Nothing seems to work.

I'm running an RTX 2060 and i7 8700K.

Any help?

Hey John,

So I don't have the original linkbox HDMI cable but I'm substituting with another HDMI 1.4 cable. I bought a new 3 in 1 cable from HTC through amazon. Now the USB connection is still recognized but the HDMI connection is not. I even tried plugging directly into the PC.

Help please!

Ben

, I am just going to pop in here and share the "unpairall" procedure. I'm not sure it will help in this situation but I typically recommend this procedure in complex controller situations. 

The steps to preform an unpairall procedure are as follows:

1. With SteamVR closed, open Window's explorer and navigate to ....STEAM\steamapps\common\SteamVR\tools\lighthouse\bin\win32

1. In an default installation - this is found at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\SteamVR\tools\lighthouse\bin\win32 

2. Run click "lighthouse_console.exe" and run it as an administrator.

3. A console will launch, type "unpairall" without the quotation marks and then hit enter. The console should report that all controllers have been unpaired.

4. Reattempt to pair them via the standard pairing procedure. 

Archived