Mic Problems

chrisraven4321

I have a Vive Pro, I run the system through a sound system that uses HDMI from various sources and puts the video out to the TV,  I have gone into the sound settings and have the Pro set up for both playback and record.  I tested the audio out and it works fine both through the tv ( I mirrored the sound), plus through the Pro earphones.  As for the mic, I also set that to the Pro unit and when I test the audio record mic it shows as the sound is being picked up by the mic.  

The problem is:  Nothing comes out of the sound system,  nothing is mirrored to the TV, and in the game none of the other players can hear me.  Also the mic symbol does not show up when I talk in the game.  I have another Vive Pro set up in my other room and it all works fine with that system, and I think all the settings are the same for that system.

I'm open to any suggestions that anyone out there an offer me.  I believe I have tried almost everyting I can think of.

Thanks

Chris

- 

Are you soley using SteamVR -> Settings -> Audio to control these devices or are you using Window's Sound page to configure everything (The page with Playback and Recording tabs? 

Audio receivers can be tricky due to HDCP - if your having an issue mirroring just the video it sounds like it's not establishing a connection to your receivers period. You'd probably want to isolate that issue and fix it first before trying to incorpeate Vive into the mix. 

In all likelyhood, you'll need to really play around with the playback/recording devices menu until you figure out the combo that works. As I said above though - recievers can be really tricky. 

- 

Are you soley using SteamVR -> Settings -> Audio to control these devices or are you using Window's Sound page to configure everything (The page with Playback and Recording tabs? 

Audio receivers can be tricky due to HDCP - if your having an issue mirroring just the video it sounds like it's not establishing a connection to your receivers period. You'd probably want to isolate that issue and fix it first before trying to incorpeate Vive into the mix. 

In all likelyhood, you'll need to really play around with the playback/recording devices menu until you figure out the combo that works. As I said above though - recievers can be really tricky.