WIDMOvr Prescription Lenses

Jayber

I just finished trying out a set of prescription lens inserts from WIDMOvr, which apparently is the preferred provider for HTC. (If you order from the HTC website, you end up on a WIDMOvr page.) I am near sighted with a touch of astygmatism. I wear progressive lenses, which work with the Vive, but they are not ideal--you have to keep focused on the 'sweet spot.'

I was nervous about the purchase, I can imagine any number of things that might go wrong. But I would assess the lenses from WIDMOvr at 5 stars, plus. They are remarkably easy to install and uninstall, which is important if others will use the headset. More importantly, the visual experience is perfect--no more searching for the sweet spot, and no more clunkiness with eyeglasses. The price is fair if you compare the cost of eyeglasses--the WIDMO lenses are less.

Going forward, I will always consider corrective lenses part of the cost of purchasing a headset. And WIDMO clearly has a strong product.

• 1 year later...
On 5/22/2019 at 9:24 PM, Jayber said:

I just finished trying out a set of prescription lens inserts from WIDMOvr, which apparently is the preferred provider for HTC. (If you order from the HTC website, you end up on a WIDMOvr page.) I am near sighted with a touch of astygmatism. I wear progressive lenses, which work with the Vive, but they are not ideal--you have to keep focused on the 'sweet spot.'

I was nervous about the purchase, I can imagine any number of things that might go wrong. But I would assess the lenses from WIDMOvr at 5 stars, plus. They are remarkably easy to install and uninstall, which is important if others will use the headset. More importantly, the visual experience is perfect--no more searching for the sweet spot, and no more clunkiness with eyeglasses. The price is fair if you compare the cost of eyeglasses--the WIDMO lenses are less.

Going forward, I will always consider corrective lenses part of the cost of purchasing a headset. And WIDMO clearly has a strong product.

How do I actually remove them?  I've tried getting a thumbnail under a corner and I can feel the focal adjustment mechanism strain under the force to free the WidmoVR lens cap from the headset.  I fear breaking either or both in my attempts.  I bought these June of 2019 so they've been on there since.  This is the first time I've needed to remove them.  Any advice would be appreciated.  Thanks!

@User_29677 - I'd probably contact Widmo for specific help as it's their product. In all of the reviews I've seen for those lenses, it sounds like there is a little tab that you can place a pry under but I've never seen them IRL to comment on it. In comparisons I've seen between Windo and VROptician, people have said that taking the Windo ones off is much harder and "rougher" than other competitors.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

WIDMOvr Prescription Lenses are crafted with precision and expertise to deliver optimal visual clarity and comfort. Their lenses are designed to accommodate various prescriptions while maintaining the highest standards of quality and durability. With WIDMOvr, you can expect lenses that not only enhance your vision but also complement your unique style with their selection of frames and customization options.

spacer.png