When are you planning to get your vive?

Mburton007

Most topics here are for people who already have their Vive at home and use it regularly, however, some of us haven't got it yet because of different reasons.

Why haven't you got a Vive and when are you planning to get it? Have you ever used VR or is the Vive gonna be your first experience?

In my case, I have only used cardboard and gear VR once to watch a 360 video so I really want to try it.

I would to be able to say this xmas but I'm not sure. I've spent the last few months watching the different VR platforms and trying to decide which to purchase. I definitely have taken the rift out of the running but I'm still considering the PSVR next to the Vive. The Vive is the better device I think, with its large playing space, quality support, and indie development, but the price is a killer. If it was just the headset, I could do it, but as it stands I would have to buy a new laptop to go with it and right now that would set me back around 2Gs.

If there is a decent price drop in the near future, and especially if there is a great bundle made available, I will pick it up but if It takes a while to drop, then I may just end up with the cheaper PSVR. Better to have cheap VR than no VR.

Archived