Calibration out of sync

Plaguehunter

Due to redecorating I had to remove then reattach the base stations from their connections to the walls, after replacing them I recalibrated everything, then for the first two weeks everything was fine. Today when I get into my VR first my controllers were not appearing in VR where they were in real life, about 15cm straight up and possibly a small amount to the left, so I ran through setup again to recalibrate, that got them back into sync with real life, but when I started Beat Saber and remeasured my height in that just in case, it's recorded me as losing 20cm in height, any suggestions on how to fix this issue?

p.s. A few hours later now, I did another room set up, and it's decided it wants to work fine again.

- The newer builds of SteamVR have some automated error correction processes in the background that attempts to reestimate the floor plane if the headset is getting tracking data that confuses it. If this is what you're encountering, there isn't any way to disable it (outside of our arcade management tool which attempts to lock the config) except to fix the issue that's causing the HMD's pose to loose certainty.

I'd recommend first checking for reflections. Generate a SteamVR System Report via SeamVR -> Create System Report. Next; save that file and open it in an editor to search the document (ctrl-F) for the following term: back-facing

Here's what a reflection looks like in SteamVR. If you see these in your report, especially in high numbers, you have an environmental reflection which is confusing SteamVR. 

Sun Jun 26 2016 23:02:09.676 - lighthouse: LHR-4E33F709 H: Dropped 312432 back-facing hits, 2069 non-clustered hits during the previous tracking session