Vive base station 10003

Collin

Hey, sorry if this is a duplicate but i couldnt find anyone with the exact same problem, im using 2 1.0 base stations with a vive pro and the og controllers, 1 base station works, 1 does not, the one that does not originally had a flashing red light and was giving error code 10009, i did a firmware reset on it and now it shows as green, but i am now getting out of sync with error code 10003, i am using optical sync with channel b/c, any fix that doesnt involve getting a new one?

Update: i have now tried using the cable between the two base stations and channels a/b, same issue, both still showing green light and all red dots are lit when looking at the sensor in a dark room

This sounds super funky. I would recommend powering off one station, putting the other station on "channel A" and testing if the HMD can track in single station mode; once you test with one, test with the other station. This should allow us to ID which of the two stations is being funky. 

I'm almost certain that the station with the flashing light has a mechanical issue that requires servicing. Based on your report, it sounds like you did the "recovery" method that people on forums inaccurately share as being able to "fix" a station. In reality, what it does is flash the firmware to a previous version of the firmware that lacked the internal diagnostic tool that enables a basestation to report it's health. It may be spinning but one or both of the rotors may not be outputting valid tracking data. 

• 3 years later...