Room Setup

frohrn

When I try to do a room set up with Vive Setup the set up program says my controllers and headset cant be found. They are connected and syncing in Steam VR though. But since they are "grey" or inactive in Vive setup I cannot do the Room Setup Best Regards

wrote:

When I try to do a room set up with Vive Setup the set up program says my controllers and headset cant be found. They are connected and syncing in Steam VR though. But since they are "grey" or inactive in Vive setup I cannot do the Room Setup Best Regards

Hi, for this issue, please check and make sure that your "user" folder in Windows does not have any special characters in the name such as an umlaut. Please feel free to PM me if you need more assistance.

• 2 months later...

Hi,

thank you for your answer. A long time ago. I have not had time to sit down installing my VR since november but now I am back at it. 

Downloaded the most recent setup program and reinstalled SteamVR.

Still the same issue though.

Steam VR finds the Headset, the base stations and the controllers - but the setup program cannot find either controllers, headset or basestations - or they are not active (grey) where it says "Establish tracking". Hence I cannot complete the setup and I cannot start any applications.

There is not umlaut in my user folder name.

Do you have any idea what I can do about this?

Best regards

Fredrik

• 11 months later...

Having same issues as frohrn.  Trying to set up controllers and Steam room setup has the controllers and headset greyed out even though they're recognized (see pic).  I also checked the user name on MSI computer running windows 10. User name is Owner.

Archived