Vive is unusable after installing Wirless Adapter

trino

I have a standard vive headset and I recently got the wireless adapter. Ever since the graphics quality and frame rate has dropped substantially from the wired setup. I have a Predator G3-710 and I'm not a huge tech guy so I really have no idea what to do. I've done some research and seen other people have had these problems, but I don't understand the solutions. If you please would try to help me, you might have to explain it to me like I'm an idiot. This is probably very annoying and I apologize, but PLEASE HELP. This is a last resort and I'm close to giving up and going back to wired. THANK YOU!

The wireless adaptor is quite CPU intensive, meaning you really need need a system above the minimum specification to get full benefit from it, to match that of a wired connection. 

I'd recommend you install a system monitoring device which records/logs data like CPU/memory/graphics card usage. Run this app, try playing a VR game for 10 minutes then look at the logged data.

Second step; go back to wired and repeat the process with the same VR game.

If it's obvious your PC is nearing 100% on some/all of your resources then you have 3 options.

1) upgrade PC.

2) return wireless adaptor.

3) live with the slightly deteriorated VR imagery.

• Thanks 1