@HTC - How About A Cosmos + Controller Stand ?

Dicehunter

So originally when the Oculus Rift CV1 came out I bought a user made all in one headset and controller stand from the maker marketplace known as Etsy, While it was very high quality I would have liked something more professionally made.

Now that I have the Cosmos, Loving it by the way, I was thinking how about you guys at HTC come out with your own all in one HMD + controller stand that we can put on our desks or even on top of our computers ? Really high quality, Include modular customisation options, A dust cover etc... it would be miles better and safer than just leaving it laying on the desk or my current option is to leave the cable trailing out of the box and put the HMD inside the box it came in to keep it safe and out of the way when not in use but it doesn't really look that cool IMO having a high tech piece of gear in a cardboard box.

I know I'd buy one in a heart beat 😍

Edited by Dicehunter

@Dicehunter - Mirroring the cellphone market, alot of this stuff is best left to third party accessory manufacturers who specifically specialize in aftermarket accessories. I'd generally recommend buying a "bust" like this that is hardware agnostic and can serve whatever HMD you're sporting on a given day. Beyond being agnostic, a bust will prevent sunlight from reaching the lenses and damaging the screens which other common stand designs fail to address.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, VibrantNebula said:

@Dicehunter - Mirroring the cellphone market, alot of this stuff is best left to third party accessory manufacturers who specifically specialize in aftermarket accessories. I'd generally recommend buying a "bust" like this that is hardware agnostic and can serve whatever HMD you're sporting on a given day. Beyond being agnostic, a bust will prevent sunlight from reaching the lenses and damaging the screens which other common stand designs fail to address.

Appreciate the reply thank you, I found a maker on Etsy, The maker marketplace, Who is actually working on a Cosmos and controller all in one stand, While a mannequin head would be fine I think over time it would put too much strain on the straps, This is the OG Vive stand design from a completely different maker on Etsy but a different maker who I'm talking to has based his idea on this general design for the Cosmos and its controllers but he said he may end up putting the controller holders above the headset or to the side, Or maybe even separate pieces but making the whole thing using a 3D printer then sanding etc... Not a finalised design just yet 😀

il_fullxfull.1012573392_lwy7.jpg

il_fullxfull.1012572232_778t.jpg

Edited by Dicehunter