Room Scale (The Best, Most Amazing Experience)

benlogela

On Nov 30th, I recieved my HTC Vive. All I could do was sitting/standing scale, and occasionally tracking would be off, but I thought it was amazing as it was my first VR experience ever. Tonight, Dec 1, after a long C# class at my local college, I arrived home to a package I had been waiting all day for; the ball heads for the tripods I had recieved earlier in the day.

I quickly screwed them onto my tripods and lifted them up high over our office area. I proceded to do a new setup for my room and booted up SteamVR. My goodness HTC, it was beautiful. I see why the HTC Vive is the best VR experience out there. Thank you all so much for everyone's hard work and dedication, and I cannot wait to see what you all bring to the future of VR! I just had to write to you all and thank you for such an amazing, beautiful experience!

-Ben

Welcome to VR and to our little Community. 
Its nice to hear how different you felt the room scale made to the experience of VR. 
Hope you become an active member of the community and give us some stories of different games/apps that you play and what you friends and family think of VR. 
Here are a few free games i suggest you get. 
Rec Room just brilliant you wont stop laughing 
Goolge Earth Check out where you live become superman and fly round the world. 
Accounting its very funny. if you like rick and morty or just want to feel trippy. 
Bigscreen Ever wanted a Cinema to yourself you can with this. 

Enjoy 

Thanks for the warm welcome , I'll try my best to be, haha.

Rec Room really is. Paintballing would have to be my favorite game to play with it, but just talking to and playing around with other people in the virtual space is both amazing and hilarious. Google Earth has been pretty great as well. I was able to visit my younger brother's college in Vermont and walk around the campus. I'm not able to visit him just yet, so it was nice to see what his college would look like if I was there. Accounting had to be the best use of Room Scale VR and it was the first game I suggested my family and friends play to try it out. I love William Pugh and his studio, Crows Crows Crows. Haven't tried Big Screen yet, but I may now after your suggestion!

Don't forget The Lab and Destinations, both free on Steam.

Speaking of free, there are some great apps on Viveport too - The Night Cafe is VDA-nominated, as is Allumette and Pearl. All worth trying out for sure. Glad to hear you're enjoying VR, !

If you get a chance, check out "Waltz of the Wizards".  Its a short little experience, but you can actually play with it for a while because there are so many items to play with in the environment.  Its really one of the most fun experiences I've played with since I got the Vive.  It totally brings out the kid in me...

Archived