Just ordered wireless adapter -- now I see the cable is only 2m

SenltonGomes

My 3 kids pooled their money and just ordered the Vive Wireless adapter. Right after we ordered -- I noticed that the cable to the transceiver is 2m. Thats going to be a little short for us. Browsing around it looks like a year or so guys were experimenting with a 2M extension cable from trendnet -- with mixed results. Any newer information then that? I can't find any..

@SenltonGomes - WiGig is a pretty new technology - this is one of the first products on the market that utilize 60Ghz transmissions. The issue with adding extensions is that the extra cabling essentially acts as an antenna for background electromagnetic interference and it quickly gets to the point where the signal to noise ratio gets too low to be usuable which gets compounded by the extra latency and impudence that gets added to the system by the extra wiring. We've engineered the wireless adapter's PC side transceiver to have the maximum distance that can stably be supported given the technologies' current capabilities.

The Trendnet 2M extension is the only aftermarket solution that will sort of work reliably but by no means does it have stability parity with the stock solution. It doesn't work for everyone (depending on their setup and RF environment) and it introduces some initialization issues which can only be solved by a reboot. I don't know of any other aftermarket option that comes close in stability to this cable but from a Vive prospective, it's an unsupported solution that introduces a bunch of room for error - we don't know of a truly stable "extension" and our official stance is that it can't be extended reliably. If you pick it up and have initialization issues - try rebooting the PC.

On 11/12/2019 at 4:55 PM, SenltonGomes said:

My 3 kids pooled their money and just ordered the Vive Wireless adapter. Right after we ordered -- I noticed that the cable to the transceiver is 2m. Thats going to be a little short for us. Browsing around it looks like a year or so guys were experimenting with a 2M extension cable from trendnet -- with mixed results. Any newer information then that? I can't find any..whatsapp web 192.168.0.1 routerlogin

issue got sol;ved!