Vive Pro much worse than OG Vive?

jawlingomes

I recently bought a Vive Pro and it seems much worse than my OG Vive. The sweet spot for the lenses was almost twice as small (~30 degree cone vs 60-70) and the chromatic aberration on the outside of the sweet spot made it almost unplayable. This was compounded with the much dimmer screen. Also, the strap is absolute garbage compared to the DAS. Is there any ways to rectify some of these issues? I want the increase in resolution and money isn't a factor, but it seems like I'm paying for a worse expierence! Any advice would be super appreciated before I refund this thing. Also I do use the Vive wireless.

@jawlingomes Are you adjusting eye relief at all? The lenses and optical chain are very similar to the OG Vive - it was actually one of the most common criticisms of that HMD - things like sweet spot should are optically very similar. Besides eye relief, the only other factor I think could impact your UX this much would be facial morphology.

You don't wear the Pro's headstrap in the same way you wear the DAS - it sits higher on your head than the DAS.

On 11/16/2019 at 3:22 AM, jawlingomes said:

I recently bought a Vive Pro and it seems much worse than my OG Vive. The sweet spot for the lenses was almost twice as small (~30 degree cone vs 60-70) and the chromatic aberration on the outside of the sweet spot made it almost unplayable. This was compounded with the much dimmer screen. Also, the strap is absolute garbage compared to the DAS. Is there any ways to rectify some of these issues? I want the increase in resolution and money isn't a factor, but it seems like I'm paying for a worse expierence! Any advice would be super appreciated before I refund this thing. Also I do use the Vive wireless.fedloan irs.gov easybib

ISSUE SOLVED!!