2 Questions for current Vive Cosmos owners

Wolph

1) How do the visuals compare to the Vive Pro?  2) Do you think the Cosmos inside out tracking will every match the Oculus Rift S / Quest tracking?

Would love to have freedom to take the Cosmos with me with a laptop and use wireless at home with desktop... but if tracking does not get as good as Rift S or Quest not sure its worth it (note I have a chance to purchase a Cosmos for around $425 for very limited time).  Just trying to see if it will be worth it.  I already have a wireless adapter and Vive Pro with V1.0 lighthouses and wands.

I do not have a Vive Pro, At htis moment the Cosmos is way behind on tracking compared to the quest and rift-s, and i know i used them all. I am currently using Htc Vive Cosmos, 

pro

easy to use with glasses

love the heaviness of the controllers ( need some getting used to) , but using them for a while, they feel the real thing compared to oculus

NO fogged up headset, even if it is cold in the room and i am boxing for a while

CONS

Still very bad and incosistent tracking

Because of the flip headset it is not easy to get a good fix

Inconsient and sometimes hanging steam and vivepro portals

just my 2 cents

2 hours ago, Wolph said:

1) How do the visuals compare to the Vive Pro?  2) Do you think the Cosmos inside out tracking will every match the Oculus Rift S / Quest tracking?

Would love to have freedom to take the Cosmos with me with a laptop and use wireless at home with desktop... but if tracking does not get as good as Rift S or Quest not sure its worth it (note I have a chance to purchase a Cosmos for around $425 for very limited time).  Just trying to see if it will be worth it.  I already have a wireless adapter and Vive Pro with V1.0 lighthouses and wands.

I have both (Cosmos and Vive Pro w/2x 2.0 base stations).  I actually prefer the comfort/fit of the Cosmos, esp. its flip up screen.  I also like the Cosmos's new Vive VR system (w/lense and Origin).  The audio works well with both.

Both work fine with wireless but the Cosmos requires a higher rated 21w battery pack which comes with the Cosmos wireless adapter kit. 

Except in very black background games I prefer the Cosmos display because I think it is a little clearer with a little less Fresnel lens circle effects.  The Cosmos headset also seems to run a little cooler than my Pro because the Cosmos has a built-in front fan.

Unfortunately the tracking on the Cosmos is pretty poor right now (still not as good as any other inside/out headsets) but hopefully this will improve in the near future.  If this does not improve soon I will need to wait for the Steam faceplate module so I can then just use my current base stations/controllers.  This is supposed to be coming out early next year for less than $200.  When this comes out I will probably look at just using my Cosmos and put my Pro back in it's box as a backup and/or sell it.

Your $'s so your decision but if I were you and could get A Cosmos for such a low price  ($425) I'd probably go for it!  It's only money, lol!

20 hours ago, Wolph said:

1) Comment les visuels se comparent-ils au Vive Pro? 2) Pensez-vous que le suivi du Cosmos correspondra à celui du suivi Oculus Rift S / Quest?

J'adorerais avoir la liberté de prendre le Cosmos avec moi avec un ordinateur portable et d'utiliser le sans fil à la maison avec un ordinateur de bureau ... mais si le suivi n'est pas aussi efficace que Rift S ou Quest, je ne suis pas sûr que cela en vaut la peine (attention, j'ai la possibilité d'acheter un cosmos pour environ 425 $ pour un temps très limité). J'essaie juste de voir si ça en vaudra la peine. J'ai déjà un adaptateur sans fil et Vive Pro avec les phares et les baguettes V1.0.

Good evening,

It would be possible to know or have you found such a good promotion because I am also looking to buy but given the reviews I do,'t want to ruin me for a product that may disappoint me ...

45 minutes ago, Zerax said:

Good evening,

It would be possible to know or have you found such a good promotion because I am also looking to buy but given the reviews I do,'t want to ruin me for a product that may disappoint me ...

USA Amazon Warehouse has some customer returns for $527.12USD with a promotion for an extra 20% off.  Brought my total to $421.70USD with free prime shipping.