SteamVR Script's Invisible Barrier

JCSegula

Good morning people,

I´m having some troubles when developing with SteamVR and HTC Vive Pro. Im using Unity as my engine to make a VR simulator.

The thing is that i´ve been working on the same project for some time, and i hadn´t got any problems until now. I had added some variables inside the SteamVR "hand" script so i would be able to interact with some items on my scene. And now, i cant understand why, im unable to access my own scripts from there. So, if i try to add a new `public MyOwnScript ScriptName´ it says that it doesnt exist. It happens with all my own scripts, not with one. Its not a problem of namespaces, or usings, neither a problem on the name spelling. They are public, monobehaviour. I tried to reset the libraries, and also the csproj. I tried to delete meta files and cache folders. I tried even to reimport steamVr.

I dont know if its a matter of folders, cause if i try to add the same scripts into my own scripts there arent any problem. Or if i try to add the steamVR scripts inside the hand script, it hasnt got any problem. But i cant do it between them.

Is it normal? Is it just me?

I hope i was able to explain my errors correctly. And i hope that you can help me. Thanks in advance.

Edited by JCSegula

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so i think i got to understand a little why it was happening:

Unity script folders compiles at different times so, i think my problem was this.

As they don´t compile at the same time, the scripts from one folder didnt recognize the ones from the other. And viceversa.

So the solution was to move my own script folder into the steamVr scripts folder, so that way i couldnt work without any new trouble.